The Sociedade Corretora Limitada was founded in Ponta Delgada on August 22, 1913, on the initiative of Cristiano Frazão Pacheco. Initially, the company aimed to bring together pineapple producers and export it to Europe, that is why its original name was Sociedade Corretora de Ananases.
In the 20's, it was already responsible for 50 percent of the production of the fruit, having advanced to the foundation of the shipping company Carregadores Açorianos, with regular routes to the countries of northern Europe.
With World War II (1939-45) and the inherent difficulties in export, the company diversified its production, starting to make fruit jams and canned fish. For this reason, it begins the creation of a fishing fleet. After the war, it dedicates exclusively to canning. With an annual production of around 2 thousand tons of fish, the cannery make the Azores, Italy, the United States of America and Canada their main targets.
At the height of its work, the Sociedade Corretora employs more than 100 employees.The factory is working well and creates a product of excellent quality.